Why Should You Care?
- Using water efficiently will conserve supplies for future generations.
- Protecting and preserving the nation's water supply is critical to our economic future and human health.
- WaterSense labeled products and services perform as well as or better than their less efficient counterparts.
- Purchasing WaterSense labeled products can help you protect the environment and help you save money on utility bills.
Fitchburg Toilet Rebate Program
- $100 rebate for residential properties who replace and dispose of their high water using toilets with EPA WaterSense - rated High Efficiency Toilet (HET) models
- Participants in the program must be Fitchburg Utility District residential or commercial customers
- Rebates are for replacement of existing larger capacity toilets (3.5 gallons per flush or greater) manufactured prior to 1994, and are not for new construction
To apply for a toilet rebate please submit the original, dated sales receipt for the HET toilet showing the manufacturers model name and number, and a completed with information on manufacture year of your existing toilet to the Fitchburg Utility. All fields in the application must be completed in order to qualify for the toilet rebate.
Tips to Reduce Outdoor Water Use & Save Money This Summer
- Water your grass, not your sidewalk.
- Water in the early morning or late evening, not during the middle of the day.
- Set your lawn mower high for a healthier yard.
- Reduce the amount of grass you have with more landscaping.
- Maintain healthy soils.
- Use smart sprinkler devices with sensors and timers or consult a professional irrigation specialist.
- Use rain barrels to collect rainwater for your garden.
- US EPA Water Sense
- Alliance for Water Efficiency Home Water Works
- River Network
- WI DNR Water Conservation and Efficiency
- UW Extension Environmental Resources Center
- Clean Wisconsin Webpage