Firefighters Visit Your Facility
- A parking area must be provided where the fire engine/truck can get in and out quickly in the event of an emergency.
- An adequate number of chaperones must be present to quickly clear children from the fire engine/truck if there is an emergency.
- Firefighter visits must be scheduled at least 30 days in advance.
- Firefighter visits last 20 - 40 minutes.
- A maximum of two visits per day, per firehouse, can be scheduled.
- Visits may not be scheduled earlier than 9 a.m.
- The firefighter visit may be cancelled at the last minute with no notification due to emergency response or firefighter training requirements.
- The Fitchburg Fire Department does do fire safety assemblies. Special arrangements do need to be made.
- For large groups of children we prefer to break them in to groups based on age or grade level (i.e., K-2, 3-5, etc.) and schedule separate visits. This allows us to ensure age-appropriate information for everyone involved.
If you require more information or would like to schedule a visit, please call Business Manager Kim Miller at 608-270-7042.