- Economic Development
- Site Selector
- Fitchburg Facts
You may want to bookmark this page as it contains detailed information on Fitchburg's current and future planning efforts along with data to support our growing local economy. As we move into the future, we have vowed to respect our past and farming heritage by planning sustainable neighborhoods and employment centers.
- Detailed 2021 City of Fitchburg Building Permit Activity, this report also contains historical data from previous years.
- The City of Fitchburg map gallery contains neighborhood maps, zoning maps, school district maps, etc
- Adopted March 24, 2009
- Updated and Adopted March 10, 2020
Fitchburg's Targeted Industry ClustersThe City of Fitchburg and the Fitchburg Chamber Visitor and Business Bureau collaborated on a marketing and brand architecture and economic development strategic plan for the city, which as known as Forward Fitchburg initiative. We brought together a group of industry professionals, the Fitchburg New Economy Team, who worked with our consultant to outline an economic development vision and strategy for the City. To view the plan, click on City in Motion. The targeted industry clusters for the City are:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Distribution: Local and Regional
- Information Technology
- Medical Instrumentation
- Headquarters and Business Support Services: Local and Regional
- Fitchburg is serviced by three school districts: Madison, Oregon and Verona. Each district has a different mil rate for taxation. The 2020 mil rates were as follows: Madison $20.97 Oregon $20.19 and Verona $22.50. For a detailed and printable breakdown of 2020 mil rate among taxing jurisdictions, click on City of Fitchburg 2022 Tax Roll Summary.
Traffic Counts and Studies